Why do they get minimal results?There are many reasons, but a major, underlying culprit is due to lack of a focus – not having a niche.
Having a niche focus means providing very specific services for a very specific target audience. This can be done in many ways, including selecting a specific industry to serve, targeting a geographical location, and choosing specific demographics.
For example, Kathy Malone is a career coach for people transitioning from military to civilian life. You can see that her niche is defined by people in the military. She gets even more specific by focusing on those who are transitioning into civilian life.
When you don’t have a niche focus, your online marketing efforts suffer in the following ways:
- It’s tough to know the right keywords to focus on to increase the chances of being found by searchers.
- It’s hard to find an audience who will be interested in your services.
- It will be difficult to get links https://dkingmarketing.com from other web sites because your general coaching practice isn’t as interesting or unique.
- You will have a lot more competitors and substitutions (products or services that indirectly compete with you) -especially online where anyone can compete.
- When people come across your business online – through articles, postings, or searching – they won’t connect with your message.
Taking your practice to the Web is like taking a big fish from a little pond to the ocean.
There is a lot more water you can swim around in, but there are also a lot more big fish.
The good news is you don’t have to become a bigger fish. You can find the right pool of water where your business can thrive.